Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Saint Sue of Nouvell Orleon

Well, they say when it rains it pours....this week has been cats and dogs. The alternator on the van went out, Gabriel was suspended from school for 2 days, Grace had a trip to E.R., my deployment date got moved up a day and we are completely and utterly broke. So I decided to go and donate plasma just to be told my blood pressure was 1 point too low to donate. I bearly made it home before the truck ran out of gas. Not really knowing how the next few days are going to go, I go outside to find Max leaving up against the fence with his head down. I knew already what he was doing....he was praying...something we both do on a regular basis now. I put my hand on his shoulder as he sighed, we gave each other one of those " it'll be alright" looks and walked back inside the house. His phone was ringing when we walked back in and who should it be but the mama-san herself. She was calling to get help with her phone from Max. Max proceeds to tell her what's going on with us, they get off the phone and I swear not 5 minutes goes by before she is calling back to ask where she should send $$$ (she was in the western union line!!!) I have been holding back tears all week, doing my best to "hold it together" and I could bearly squeeze out a grateful thank you through the lump in my throat. Thank you St. Sue or should I say Mighty Mouse, because you definitely saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment